Emerald City Jug Band Plays House Concerts!
A jug band, a loaf of bread -- and thou! That were paradise enow!
Imagine you and twenty to thirty of your friends gathered together in a house, sipping a beverage, nibbling on hors d'oeuvres and listening to a private concert of acoustic music in a comfortable, intimate environment—the way it was meant to be heard!
The Emerald City Jug Band is available for House Concerts, and we can also help you with planning tips and suggestions. Then you and your guests just sit back and relax for an evening of music and fun!How Does It Work?
- The host or one of their friends has a place with an area large enough to accommodate 20 or more audience members and 3 imported lunatics - uh, band members and assorted instruments.
- House concerts can be held in apartments, quiet backyards (in good weather), or just about anywhere you can gather a decent-sized group of friends.
- House concerts are casual and kid-friendly.
- House concerts typically ask for a suggested donation -- and/or the hat is passed for the musicians -- rather than charging a cover. This results in direct support for the performer and avoids violating local ordinances dealing with paid public performance.
- The host needs to make sure there is sufficient seating area for the audience. Most living rooms have couches and chairs to sit on, but many experienced house concert attendees bring their own cushion or camping chair to make themselves comfortable.
- Generally, sound amplification (PA) is unnecessary, although some performances may be recorded. The host will usually supply light refreshments such as wine and cheese or beer and pretzels; you know your friends! sodas, coffee or a similar spread. Other hosts like to set up a potluck for refreshments.